Friday 25 October 2013

On the Blonde Angel: An Update





So, I blogged about Little Maria a few days back. Well, good news! Her birth mother has been found. Actually, I'm not very sure that this is good news. After DNA samples were collected from the actual birth parents, they fled for fear of being arrested. 
During her interview, she claimed she had to leave Maria in Greece because she didn't have enough money to pay for the child's birth certificate (whatever that means). She can't even remember the date she gave birth to the child. She only recalls that it's sometime in the last four years. There're some very annoying quotes from her interview like: 

"I left my daughter with my roommate. She is also in Roma. When I left Maria, I asked the woman to send her to Bulgaria. But she hasn't. I cannot remember her name. It was four years ago."

And: 

"I don't have any money to call the woman in Greece anymore so I stopped trying to get in touch with her."

Oh, and a quote from Maria's father too: 

"I can't remember all my children's names because there are so many of them." 

Seriously, are you kidding me?! I mean, I'm not here to pass any judgement to the birth parents or anything but why bring more children into the world if you can't even manage the ones you have? 

Poor Maria...it's hard to believe that she's even better off with the family who treated her like a dancing bear. 




No comments:

Post a Comment