Monday 14 October 2013

On Blurry Lines and How To Make Them Straight


"I hate these blurred lines. I know you want it."

Just listening to the first few seconds of Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines makes me want to break into a dance. The tune is so catchy and like with most songs, I've never even bothered to look closely at the lyrics and find out what the song actually means, because, who does that? No one, really. It wasn't until I came across this article that I looked up the lyrics, and I have to say that I was somewhat disturbed. Because quite a number of blogs have addressed this issue, I will not dissect these lyrics as I would have wanted to for fear of being redundant. However, I found some very powerful images on the internet (love how you can find just about anything on the internet!) and because I'm so nice, I will leave them with you. To me, these images show what Mr Thicke is expressly saying in his song...











There are no blurred lines. There is "yes" and then, there is "no". Do yourself a favour...if someone does not tell you "yes", then the person does not mean yes. Keep your gift of clairvoyance in your pockets and do not ever let it out, at least not in cases like these. Make those blurry lines straight.

Did I mention what Mr Thicke said in an interview? He said: "What a pleasure it is to degrade a woman. I've never gotten to do that before. I've always respected women."

Oh, don't get so mad. He said it was a joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment